McCarthy, a national leader in the commercial construction industry, uses a variety of tools to construct successful projects on time, and within budget. Nearly 150 years of experience in the building industry is one of our main tools, but we also utilize new technologies and methods to continually improve project communication and management with owners, design partners, and subcontractors. One of the most powerful new tools we’ve added to our technology toolset is Building Information Modeling (BIM).
At McCarthy, BIM construction technology provides our builders with an efficient way to collaborate and coordinate during the design phase, work through project estimation during preconstruction, and plan ahead at the project level to avoid potential issues before a shovel even hits the dirt.
Learn more about how McCarthy can utilize BIM construction technology to improve collaboration, project transparency, and final delivery of you next project. Contact us today.
As a versatile construction technology, BIM provides our builders, partners and the entire project team with a number of tools to use before and during the construction process. The core component behind BIM construction technology is its ability to model a project virtually in order to identify and handle potential issues long before breaking ground. At McCarthy, we utilize BIM to provide modeling services such as:
- Virtual Mock-Ups—Saves time and money by articulating the construction of a physical model in virtual form.
- 3D Modeling—Creation of a virtual model using X, Y and Z-axes. Provides 3D visualization of a project that you just can’t get from drawings overlaid on paper.
- 4D Modeling—A virtual project model with time added as the fourth dimension. Allows project team to view how the project can be built out across time, providing clarity of schedule, manpower, and other factors.
- 5D Modeling—Cost over time added to the 4D virtual model. See what the budget/estimated cost of a project might be at various points during the construction process.
- Laser Scanning—Rapid collection of 3D spatial data for a building during the planning phase of an addition of renovation project using mounted lasers to scan existing structures.
From the earliest design phases to preconstruction and up through project close-out, the skilled builders at McCarthy understand how to best use the advantages provided by BIM construction technology to effectively manage and deliver a successful project.
Contact us to learn how McCarthy can help with your next commercial construction project.