Last week (Oct. 16-20, 2023), McCarthy jobsites and offices across the company celebrated Construction Inclusion Week, now in its third year. As 2023 co-chair for this national event, we engaged with our partners, workforce and communities around the following daily themes:
- Commitment & Accountability
- Supplier Diversity
- Workplace Culture
- Community Engagement
McCarthy hosted a variety of educational, networking and engagement events, including:
- Three company-wide, educational webinars featuring internal and external panelists. Among the topics discussed, conversations included inclusive leadership, inclusion resource groups, neurodiversity and workplace culture.
- Daily toolbox/table talks to encourage discussion among teams and in small groups
- Supplier diversity events in local communities across the country to build and enhance relationships
- Community organization supply drives and volunteer opportunities
- Self-guided educational activities
McCarthy is committed to sustaining a culture that delivers great experiences for everyone. As we wrap up Construction Inclusion Week for 2023, we reflect on opportunities to celebrate diversity, foster inclusion and make equity more prominent every day, across our business and the industry.
Learn more about our Mission and Values.